Tuesday 17 March 2009

Sunshine in Gisborne!

For the first time in a few weeks, I'm boiling - despite waking to rain this morning and having to pack the tent up in the rain, the sun finally came out by the time I got to Gisborne and it's now pretty hot. It's supposed to be sunny here so I'm pleased, and am camping again. I missed out on Te Mata Peak however, there was no point visiting a lookout when rain was all that could be seen.

So far I've just been to the museum, which was nice enough though small (they were renovating a bit of it so I missed that, but on the plus side, entry was only $2). Am going to walk up to the lookout point after this, I thought I'd wait until it was a little cooler. I'm debating whether or not to go to the cinema this evening - not sure I can be bothered really! May just chill out with the rest of yesterday's wine. :)

Tomorrow I head up the East Coast, with plans to sleep in Te Araroa and get up to be the first in the world to see the sunrise on Thursday.

No comments: