Tuesday 31 March 2009

Back from the Outback

Back from my trip to Uluru (etc). It was fun. It was also baking hot and I am heartily sick of flies - they're everywhere! Everything went smoothly apart from the not-so-minor matter of our guide getting bitten by a snake on the first night while trying to connect power in the campsite. Luckily the snake only caught the top of his sock and no venom got into the bloodstream, but he still had to go to hospital back in Alice before they'd confirmed that. The company was brilliant and sent a relief guide out to us, so we didn't miss out on anything except one night's sleeping under the stars; the station the campsite was on put us up in little cabins for the night because it was getting so late.

Anyway, more when I have wireless, when I'll also upload some of the very many pictures I took!

No comments: