Wednesday 9 May 2007

How the wind howls!

It's a bit blowy today. Nothing hugely spectacular, but one of the windiest days I've seen since coming to Wellington. I suspect worse will come at some point. I am wondering though whether the rubbish bags I put out earlier will have stayed where I put them. The paper/cardboard bag at least could have blown away. I'm not going outside in my pyjamas to find out though!

The crazy thing is that yesterday was utterly glorious, a really beautiful day. It was warm and sunny and I spent most of it on the phone, which at least gave me the chance to look out of the window while people waffled on (in between taking notes, which I did).

I went down to the rowing club tonight and for once found someone there, a couple of friendly guys who said nothing much was happening at the moment. They recommended emailing the captain again, and I got one of their email addresses in case the captain fails to respond (again). Anyway apparently things get going again in about a month. Thank heavens. I have boat-withdrawal symptoms. It's not good.

No comments: