Monday 22 September 2008

A meme

I got tagged for this by my friend Jody. I'm supposed to tag other people, and am going to fall back on "whoever reads this". Only let me know if you do?

1. What are your nicknames?
I used to be Harry at school, and then I went to uni and there was a Harriet so I became Jo. Despite the fact none of my family have ever used it, I'm Jo to pretty much everyone else I know. Online, I'm Eledhwen, after Tolkien.

2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
Schindler's List, on VHS. Also my first CD.

3. What is your favorite scent?
Just after it's rained.

4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Probably because I'm so far from it at the moment, Snowdonia. I know I will go back so that's all right.

5. Do you trust easily?
Too easily, for a journalist. But I know that, so can force myself to be cynical.

6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
Depends on the situation.

7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Not on a personal level. On a wider level, the world's a bit too unsettled at the moment.

8. Do you have a good body image?
I think I do. Despite my legs being completely all over scars - and I've stopped caring about that - I'm reasonably happy with the way I look.

9. What is your favorite fruit?
Raspberries.

10. What websites do you visit daily?
The Guardian online, NZ Herald, stuff.co.nz, my email accounts, and theonering.net.

11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Sleep.

12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
I admire Jody a lot - she's making an effort to fulfil her dreams and she's always positive.

13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
I had the last movement of Brahms's German Requiem in my head at a swim meet the other week. Not easy to race to.

14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
Pyjamas. They're comfy.

15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
No, they're tasteless, but fun because of the snap crackle and pop!

16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Pick it up, see if anyone had dropped it recently, and then probably spend it.

17. What items could you not go without during the day?
Coffee.

18. What should you be doing right now?
Nothing much.

No comments: