Monday 16 February 2009

Quick update from Twizel

Twizel, despite being in the middle of nowhere, has a wifi internet thing which I can just pick up from the lovely house we're staying in. It's a bit unstable though and I'm having issues with Gmail (which I'd put into "offline" status, and now I can't get online again), but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Anyway, the weather so far is okay though the wind got up yesterday afternoon and made the lake unrowable for a while. It's warm and sunny however. It's weird rowing here on a lake of such extraordinary turquoise colour - it's like Tekapo and Pukaki, which you pass on the way south, something to do with sediment coming down from the mountains in the glacial water. I've taken pictures but will wait until I have a better connection to upload them. Between rows we're chilling and popping into town for coffee and cake; yesterday we went for a swim in a swimming hole nearby. Cold, but nice. Racing starts tomorrow. Eeek. Will try and get online again later in the week.

No comments: