Sunday 16 December 2007

Pictures!

I went out and took some pohutukawa shots this afternoon - they came out okay despite the wind that kept blowing around branches and me and my camera! It really was incredibly windy, and incredibly warm.

There's still quite a few pohutukawas to come out yet - three gigantic trees on the waterfront side of Te Papa, and a big one across the street from my flat for starters. But as I'm going away I'm not sure I'll get to see them, so I thought it worthwhile making the most of a sunny day.


Pohutukawa


Pohutukawa


Pohutukawa


Pohutukawa


I also got some shots of the wire trees outside Te Papa, which are brilliant (the trees, not the photos, though I am quite pleased with them too).


Wire palm


Wire trees

More pics on Flickr.

In other news: one week of work to go and then I'm off sailing on the Soren Larsen in the Hauraki Gulf for Christmas. And am seeing friends for New Year's Eve, and then going kayaking in Abel Tasman with a friend from home. So it might not be the most relaxing Christmas break, but it should be fun.

No comments: