Thursday 13 December 2007

All good things come in threes ...

11) Wellington's people are nice. Everyone's very friendly and easy-going in a Kiwi way. Makes the city a good place to live.

12) The railway station has awesome acoustics. We sang carols to commuters yesterday evening, and it was very nice.

13) The pohutukawas are all coming out across town. I'd heard about them - the NZ Christmas tree, all red blooms - but hadn't seen any until now. But all of a sudden they're everywhere, and they're stunning. I will get my camera out for them at the weekend.

In less good things: I don't know if they've changed the stuff they put in the swimming pools, but the past two times I've been swimming I've ended up with a really bad stuffed-up nose. After yesterday evening I spent half the night awake blowing it. Very unpleasant, and it's given me a headache. Boo.

No comments: