Saturday 5 April 2008

End of the summer

Autumn is definitely here. The weather's been all right this week, but cooler - and it's raining now. I even turned on my heating for a bit earlier in the week. Clocks go back tomorrow.

Mum pointed out I haven't blogged for a bit. There's not been a whole lot to blog about really; life's been a bit quieter which is nice! Back trying to swim regularly and there are some meets coming up - usually good fun.

I spent Easter in Australia with friends from rowing at home. Flew to Melbourne and then we drove 540km through Victoria up to the town of Mildura, which is on the Murray River that borders Victoria and New South Wales. They have a little regatta there every Easter. It was fun; won a medal in the masters doubles (my first masters race rowing!) and a pot and a 9th share of A$1000 in the women's open eight. The mixed eight was less successful winnings-wise but fun - racing with four old gents, one of whom had an Olympic bronze from 1956. If I'm still rowing in 50 years I'll be a happy person. We all went out in the evening, and then we drove back the next day and spent Easter Monday pottering around Melbourne. A nice trip.

That's about it really - going to Sydney for Anzac weekend in three weeks and I'm planning to spend the Queen's Birthday weekend at the start of June in the Coromandel - it's doable in three days, and I found cheap flights to Auckland.

No comments: