Tuesday 14 August 2007

Erm, yeah, hi - still here!

I'm doing an awful job at keeping this blog up to date. Never mind.

The past month has been fairly busy due to rowing now being on properly - there's been a race, and a training camp - a choir concert too, and then there's this flu thing going round that I got full whack last week and am still recovering from. No energy, and coughing a lot. Stupid Southern Hemisphere winter.

On Sunday I fulfilled a long-held hope and saw Ian McKellen doing Shakespeare, in the RSC touring production of King Lear. It was every bit as good as I'd imagined it would be. The guy is a genius. He speaks Shakespeare so beautifully, with such understanding. Everyone else was excellent too, and the production (directed by Trevor Nunn) beautifully-staged. So all in all a good night.

Next week my friend Helen from rowing at home, who's currently in Oz, is coming for a mini-holiday. We're going south for ice-climbing and winter fun. :)

No comments: